Sunday, February 28, 2010

A jet plane and a big idea

Happy Sunday All. The much anticipated Avett Brothers concert was last night and it was an absolute blast. They put on one of the better lives performances I've ever seen, I can't wait to see them again in May. The setlist was a perfect balance of fast and slow, old and new. Highlights included "Salina", "Please Pardon Yourself" and "At The Beach".

It was the first time I had been to HOB and I was very impressed with the venue. I assumed it would be highly commercialized due to the fact that it's a chain, but it was a pretty intimate setting that had lots of character and charm.

Also, while out apartment shopping with Defrances yesterday, we stumbled across a little place called McNulty's Bier Markt in Ohio City. If you live in Cleveland, you must plan a visit to this bar immediately. If you don't live in Cleveland, you must plan a visit to this bar immediately. They have something like 367 beers on their menu and had a bunch of really good IPA's on tap. We also got some delicious steamed mussels. Peruse their website and you'll see that it's actually pretty affordable. Pete, this is where I'm taking you for your first beer back in the states.

That's it for now, I look forward to telling you all about someone other than the Avett Brothers this week.

1 comment:

  1. I miss IPAs. I look forward to this day with impatience.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter