Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Avett part two

Sorry in advance for making this post short, but I'm exhausted. A few jams from the Avett's Carolina Jubilee that I really like are "Pretty Girl from Locust", "Sorry Man", and "I Killed Sally's Lover". These songs are much more country than those on Mignonette.

Also, my friend Lauren told me about a band that's similar to the Avett Brothers, called the Felice Brothers. I've checked out a bit of their stuff, and she was dead on when she said they sounded a lot like Bob Dylan. More to come tomorrow.

Also, huge shout out to Brooke Bockelman. Thanks to the cutest darn TFA'er California has ever seen (sorry Sabo), this guy will be going to see the Avett Bro's again in Columbus in May... FOR FREE. Muchas gracias Bockelman!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter