Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dog Days Are Over

I'm back again to tell y'all about some tasty tunes. Sorry about the gap between posts, I was in Chicago over the weekend visiting my sister and grandparents.

This week's jam is "Dog Days Are Over" by Florence and the Machine. I first heard Florence and the Machine's cover of Cold War Kid's "Hospital Beds", but didn't listen to any of their original material until my friend Lindsay mentioned it to me a couple months ago. I've had their album, Lungs, in heavy rotation on my iPod ever since. Florence has an amazing voice and is hot to boot. Other songs worth a whirl include "You've Got The Love" and "Rabbit Heart", but my favorite off the album "I'm Not Calling You A Liar"

If you like Florence and the Machine, you might also want to listen to Bat for Lashes (lead singer is also very sexy) and Cold War Kids.

Look for a post later in the week focusing on Hot Chip's new album. Until then, enjoy one of this interesting bands epic songs from 2008's Made in the Dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter