Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Annuals

I'm up early to study for the CPA. It's crazy to think the first part is only two and a half weeks away. I feel like I'm not prepared at all yet, but I have two weeks of review built into my study plan so I should be fine.

This morning I'm rocking out to a band from North Carolina, Annuals. They're a six piece band that relies heavily on harmonies, nonsensical emo lyrics, and strange electronic noises. I listened to this band a ton last year during my internship and it kept me sane while I was doing tax returns 13 hours everyday. I really enjoy their earliest work. It's much more upbeat and edgy. Their most recent full release, Such Fun, is more mainstream and has a few great tracks. Below is a song from both stages of their career. "Dry Clothes" is off of 2006's Be He Me and "Confessor" is the title track off Such Fun. If you like these songs, check out "Brother", "Hardwood Floor", and "Complete, Or Completing".



No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter