Thursday, April 1, 2010

Radio Moscow

Radio Moscow is a band I stumbled upon while on Pandora last fall. I really don't know too much about them, but I do know that they're really freaking good. They remind me a lot of the aforementioned Black Keys and some earlier Kings Of Leon stuff.

Their album Brain Cycles was released almost a year ago now and features some absolute classic tunes. There's no doubt in my mind that if this album was released in the late 60's or 70's, it would've been an absolute smash, but in 2009 it can't even make it on the radio. Anyways, so good tunes include "The Escape", "Hold On Me" and my favorite "No Good Woman".

The live versions of these songs are much more appeasing, at least for me, because the singer sounds much better live than on the record. The entire record has some distortion thing going on with his voice that makes him sound like a robot. I was relieved to find that he can actually sing when I found some videos of them live.

Lastly, I just added my cousins blog to the links page on your right. He's a badass photographer and a super cool guy. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter