Monday, March 29, 2010

Quickie

While driving to and from Columbus the past few days, I got around to listening to some old favorites that I had forgotten about. The band that I appreciated the most this morning at 6 am was Rilo Kiley. Rilo Kiley is a pop alt band led by sultry vocalist Jenny Lewis. Their 2007 album Under the Blacklight is a relatively short album but it's packed with great tunes. My absolute favorite is the jazz inspired "15". The most popular track off this release is "Silver Lining" and "Dreamworld" is also worth a listen. As I'm sure you can judge by these tracks, the album is very diverse but is all around really solid and definitely worth a listen.

I just got the new Gold Frapp and She & Him CD's today so I'll be posting key tracks from those respective artists later in the week as well as talking about Radio Moscow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter