Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Deerhunter

Sorry it took so long, but I'm finally posting about the Deerhunter show I went to last Thursday. It was super loud and not what I was expecting at all, but in a good way. Real Estate opened up. Their lead guitarist and drummer were super talented and everyone else was a bit lackluster. "Fake Blues" and "Beachcomber" were definitely the highlights from their show. They also played some of their new songs and they seemed much more upbeat than the songs on their debut album.

Deerhunter came out next. My first impression was that Bradford Cox was very skinny. They rocked. Hard. Jocy and I both really enjoyed their bassist for being subtly awesome. Also, Bradford Cox is one of the greatest guitarist I've seen live, second to only David Longstreth of Dirty Projectors. The best songs from their show were "Revival" and "Helicopter" off their new album, Halcyon Digest and "Agoraphobia" off of Microcastle. The version of "Agoraphobia" below is the best video I could find that depicts how awesome the show was. Hope you enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter