Sunday, August 1, 2010

Cee Lo Green

I was first introduced to Cee Lo Green back in my high school days. My buddy Dan McCallum drove me to school sophomore year and listened to Cee Lo Green and His Perfect Imperfections on the regular. While Dan enjoyed rocking out to "Under Tha Influence" while sitting in traffic on Hilliard Blvd at 7:20 AM, I preferred the more low key "Bass Head Jazz" (below). I have been an avid fan of Cee Lo and everything he's done since first hearing of him.

While sipping on delicious beers last night with some good friends, I got to talking to one of my good friend's boyfriend, Noah. We were talking about a bunch of things but discovered we have very similar taste in music. (I believe Mott the Hoopel was even involved in the convo). He mentioned that he had been listening to a lot of Band of Horses and let me know that on Cee Lo is doing a BOH cover on his next album, out a week from Tuesday. I checked it out immediately when I got home last night. It's amazing. I even find the video very intriguing. Cee Lo definitely puts his own style on the song while maintaining the original's integrity. Check it out below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter