Sunday, August 8, 2010

Arcade Fire

I just got the new Arcade Fire album and it's pretty epic. Right now, I'm really digging "Rococo". I also finally got the Mumford and Sons album. My buddy Freddy has been telling me about them for months and I have just forgotten/neglected to download their album. I finally got to listen to their album while driving out to Pete's cottage in Vermillion on Friday night. "The Cave" and "Winter Winds" are both awesome tunes. They remind me a lot of The Avett Brothers due to the banjo being prominently featured in a lot of their songs. They definitely have a more polished sound than The Avetts and I think that suits both bands just fine. Pete's brother, Dan, told me that "The Cave" is based on Pluto's "Allegory of the Cave". It makes sense after listening to the lyrics a little more. I'm sure I'll post more Arcade Fire the more I listen to it. Until then, enjoy the tunes.







Also, I want to take this time to thank Pete for having us all out at his cottage Friday. It was a blast and without his hospitality, we would've all missed out on this awesome moment captured by Jocelyn Vivona. Viewer's Discretion: Do not watch this at work or anywhere else where laughing uncontrollably is frowned upon.

The Kurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter