Friday, July 22, 2011

F*cked Up

Today's jam of the week has actually been my jam for about a month now, I just have been too busy. Ok, I've been too lazy.

The tune is "The Other Shoe" by F*cked Up off the album David Comes to Life. The album has gotten awesome reviews, but I don't want to buy it before hearing it once through. Unfortunately, I've lost my membership to the torrent site I used to use to make sure I liked albums before buying them. I actually have a list that I'll drop below of albums I've been meaning to download/buy, but haven't gotten around to. If you have any of them, let's figure out a way for you to get them to me!!

Sorry for the digressions, F*cked Up is a punk band from Canada. These canucks have been around for a long time, and are on the brink of mainstream success. This song is borderline too intense for me due to the screaming, but the subtle beauty of the guitar riffs and female vocals plays really well off of it. I also love how the song slowly builds courtesy of the percussion.

Below is the album version and the live version. I included the live version because they apparently put on great shows, which is well documented in the video. Enjoy!






Albums I need:
Tune Yards-Bird Brains
TVOTR- new album
Lyke Li- new album
Panda Bear- Tomboy
Paul Simon- new album
EMA
Abe Vigoda- Crush

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter