Thursday, May 19, 2011

tUnE-yArDs

A few months back, I was turned onto Tune-yards (not doing the whole uppercase, lowercase thing outside of the title as it made me feel too much like a 15 year old girl) after they received rave reviews at South by Southwest. After doing some research, I discovered Tune-yards is comprised of Merrill Garbus. That's it. In the last video below, you will see her perform live with a few backing musicians and help from a few electronics.

When I first heard of Tune-yards, I just listened to her first single, "Bizness" off of the sophomore album WHOKILL. After about a month of resisting buying her album at Loop, I finally succumbed this evening and do not regret one penny of the money spent. The album is absolutely fantastic. Below are a few of my favorites off WHOKILL upon my first listen. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter